Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not much...

If you read my post earlier from the day I left you would see that I said how much I was going to miss my precious little girl. She is the love of my life, and every time I see a little kiddo I just miss her dearly. Apparently this is a one way street.

I called a few days ago to talk to her. It was in the morning and she had just woken up. She was laying in bed with Steve watching Shrek before having to get ready for school.

Steve: 'Gracie it's mommy. Do you want to talk to her?'
Gracie: 'Wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!'
(Translated - 'No I am watching Shrek and I do not want to talk')

Then yesterday, I planned to call when I knew she would have already been up for a few hours and maybe more willing to talk. So I called Saturday morning (her time) before they left for Henderson. 

Steve: 'Gracie it's mommy. Do you want to talk to her?'
Gracie: 'No.'
Steve: 'Gracie, it's mommy. She wants to talk to you. She wants to tell you about the present she bought you.'
Gracie: 'No'

.....after a little convincing she decided it would be ok to talk to me for a few minutes. So we chatted a bit, then I said 'Gracie, I really miss you. I can't wait to see you. Do you miss mommy?'
Gracie: 'I miss you a little bit, but not much.'

Awesome. Love you too honey.